Alpinestars Tech-Air 10 Airbag System Black
Tech-Air® 10 is the latest innovative autonomous airbag to join the Alpinestars’ Tech-Air® family, which includes the Tech-Air® Race, Tech-Air® Street and Tech-Air® 5 electronic Airbag Systems.
- A remote wireless LED display indicates the airbag’s operational status.
- The integrated, certified lithium-ion battery has a battery life of 24 hours of riding time.
- Developed from years of research with the world’s top MotoGP riders, and Alpinestars’ customers, data from millions of kilometers and thousands of crashes have been analyzed to continuously improve the intelligent crash detection algorithm.
- The Tech-Air® 10 System is extremely easy to use; just zip up the front and close the belt to activate the Airbag System, and you’re ready to ride. The internal belt automatically activates the System once it is fastened and secured.
- In Race Mode, the Tech-Air® 10 System is active only while riding above approximately 60km/h (37mph) for at least 10 seconds. Before this activation or when the rider’s speed drops steadily below such speed for at least 10 seconds, the System deactivates. This is the standard behavior of the Tech-Air® 10 Airbag System when in Race Mode, as it is normal to have fast stop and go riding situations where the rider doesn’t want to switch off the airbag. In such conditions, it is safer for the rider to have the airbag automatically deactivated by the System to avoid undesired deployments of the airbag.
- The remote wireless LED display can be moved onto the rider’s arm to easily check the System’s status. The LED display can also be attached to the bike, depending on the rider’s preference.
- The Tech-Air® 10 System, requires approximately 4 hours to recharge a discharged battery with the supplied USB Charger. A fully charged battery will provide approximately 24 hours of use. If limited time is available, charging the battery for approximately 1 hour will provide approximately 6 hours of use.
- The airbag itself is breathable, designed with air channels and a perforated back zone that provide airflow to improve rider comfort.
- The Tech-Air® 10 System may be quickly attached to the Alpinestars’ Tech-Air® 10 System Base Layer via easy-to-use lateral zips; this allows riders to substitute the base layer between riding sessions if desired.
- The Tech-Air® 10 System Base Layer is hand washable.
- The total weight of the Tech-Air® 10 (System and base layer) is 2.3kg for a size medium.
- Tech-Air® 10 is designed for track and road use and can be used with both the RACE and the STREET Riding Modes which have specific AI crash detection algorithms. The RACE Riding mode must only be used for riding on closed racetracks and should not be used for any other types of riding.
- Bluetooth connectivity to a Tech-Air® App provides riders with the Airbag System’s operational status, battery status and MyRide trip information.
- Via the Tech-Air® App, riders can also update the System’s firmware when new crash-detection algorithms are released.