Alpinestars Tech-Air 3 Lightweight Airbag System Vest Black
Alpinestars’ lightest autonomous Airbag System, Tech-Air® 3 is designed to be worn over or under the motorcycle jacket, as the effective and practical choice for touring riders, urban city commuters and light off-road adventure riders.
- Tech-Air® 3 is a fully autonomous active Airbag System and does not require any external connections or sensors on the motorcycle for the System to operate.
- Tech-Air® 3 incorporates 6 integrated sensors (3 accelerometers (1 triaxial accelerometer), and 3 gyroscopes (1 triaxial gyroscope )) to provide the best crash monitoring performance in a variety of dynamic riding situations, and even when stopped.
- The Tech-Air® 3 Airbag System activates automatically via the magnetic zip closure.
- The System’s packable design allows it to be easily stored in a backpack or under a bike’s seat when not in use.
- Also available in a Stella women’s version, complete with an ergonomically engineered women’s optimized fit.
- Tech-Air® 3 is designed with a diagonal zipper to provide complete front chest coverage while also concealing the inner airbag. The magnetic zip closure has been designed for ease of use and to provide a secure closure system to the airbag garment.
- An LED display on the front chest indicates the airbag’s operational status. The LED display also incorporates a haptic alert, which vibrates to confirm the System is armed, and alerts the rider when the battery is running low.
- Tech-Air® 3 incorporates Alpinestars’ Pro 2nd Generation compact Electronic Control Unit (ECU) which may be found in the ECU pocket located in the upper back of the inner, Tech-Air® 3 vest.
- Bluetooth low energy (BLE 5.0) connectivity to the Tech-Air® App allows riders to monitor the System’s operational status, battery status, as well as provides a detailed map of motorcyclists rides via MyRide.
- Upgradable system software is accessible via the Tech-Air® App.
- Integrated back protector pocket on the back can house additional passive back protection.
- Tech-Air® 3 uses a crash detection algorithm that leverages AI to accurately monitor when to deploy the airbag in the event of a crash, allowing the airbag to provide active protection in street riding scenarios and a variety of riding conditions, even when stopped.